Pages

my first

If you like this blog, send a link to your friends. If you don't like this blog, send a link to your enemies.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

8/5 What is mindfullness

I just copied and pasted Obama's quote about the US Governments restriction on hiring white males.
It is beyond me how people can discriminate against individual over things that they have no control of, such as the gender and race they were born with.

So, in addition to some of the other goals of mindfulness, I am adding the goal of not supporting businesses that blatantly discriminate. I looked up the demographics  of my area and discovered that 87% of the people in my area are white and 48% are males. That makes about 42% white males.  So, I will support the diverse businesses where 2 out of 5 (40 percent a little less then balanced) employees are white males.  This kinda eliminates two of the places I regularly go to, Firefly, and Pint and Slice .  Luckily Old Crown is an equal opportunity employer and I can still go there.

Please feel free to leave thought and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment